Social Media Marketing Plans at Brafton
We take social media seriously at Brafton.
That’s why we have a dedicated team of social media strategists ready to help our clients develop, execute and measure effective social campaigns. We structure our social media management plans in tiers based on the number of social media channels you’d like us to manage:
- Bronze: 1 social media channel.
- Silver: 2 channels.
- Gold: 3 channels.
- Platinum: 4 channels.
- À la carte: Create a custom social media plan + add in our other services.
Whether your brand is just kicking off its Pinterest strategy or you’re looking for advice and direction from a Pinterest expert to improve your existing account, we can help.
A Visual Discovery Engine
Pinterest boasts more than 300 million active users who have collectively created over 200 billion Pins. Unlike other social media networks, Pinterest is a visual search engine. It works like this:
1. Publishers, or “pinners,” create boards around specific themes or products.
2. They then Pin visual content to those boards.
3. Each Pin is accompanied by a keyword optimized description for Pinterest SEO.
4. Pinterest users search the database of Pins using certain keyphrases.
5. If they see something they like, they can Pin that content to their own board or to someone else’s.
6. They can also choose to follow certain pinners whose content they find interesting.
Think of this visual social media channel as a custom-curated gallery dedicated to your audience’s interests, and us as virtuoso painters. With a strong strategy consisting of carefully chosen content and custom Pins, your brand can maintain top-of-mind awareness among your Pinterest audience.
Rich Pins Versus Regular Pins
Pinterest offers the option to post Rich Pins that provide additional context, including:
- A bold title that displays with the image in the feed.
- Additional descriptions for the Pin that enable greater keyword inclusion.
- Your Pinterest account and photo.
- A “follow” button to encourage engagement.
- Updates to reflect any changes to the linked page.
There are four main types of Rich Pins:
- Product Rich Pins: They include real-time pricing, availability and other product details.
- Recipe Rich Pins: Include ingredients, cooking time, serving size and recipe rating.
- Article Rich Pins: Display a headline, author and meta description.
- App Rich Pins (iOS only): Display buttons that let users download an app without leaving Pinterest.
At Brafton, we always favor Rich Pins over regular Pins to help improve your content’s discoverability on the platform, boost engagement, build brand awareness and drive traffic to your site.
The purpose of pinning content to a Pinterest board is to remember it. This makes the content far less ephemeral than feed-based social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. In fact, the lifespan of the average Pin is a few thousand times greater than that of a Facebook post.
Pinterest is also a more e-commerce friendly channel than other social networks. More than 90% of pinners have used the channel to plan, research or make purchases. For B2C companies that sell physical products, Pinterest is basically a second online store. For B2B marketers, Pinterest has value as a way to visually promote content.
Pinterest is also unique in that it is as much a search engine network as it is a social media platform. Much like a Google image search, the content is all visual, while keywords used in titles and board descriptions, Pins and images help influence which content will populate the search results.
In addition to keyword relevance, some of the factors that influence Pinterest search rankings include:
The number of clicks, saves, comments and embeds your Pins receive.
Number of Pinterest followers you have.
How many Pins your brand engages with.
Website Pin origination (Pinterest favors Pins that originate from commonly pinned domains).
Rich Pins vs regular Pins.
Every Pin is a backlink that potentially increases website traffic, sending positive signals to search engines like Google.
Our Pinterest Management Services
At Brafton, we can tackle every facet of Pinterest management, including but not limited to:
Pinterest Content Creation
Like any other social media channel, you need original content that’s worth pinning to your boards. Our writers, designers and videographers can create any type of digital content you need for your Pinterest campaigns, including the custom Pins to go along with them.
Each custom Pin should call back to a unique piece of content such as a:
- Blog post.
- Custom illustration.
- Video content.
- 3D animation.
- Product photo.
- Quotes over artwork.
Our content creators and Pinterest strategists work together to ensure your overall content marketing strategy flows seamlessly from your blog to your social media channels.
Pinterest Account Management
With your social media package, you’ll work with a dedicated social media strategist who can help you with every element of Pinterest management. You can think of this person and the rest of your Brafton team as a supercharged Pinterest Virtual Assistant squad.
The benefit of working with Brafton’s social media experts go above and beyond what the typical Pinterest VA can offer, including but not limited to:
- Building your Pinterest profile.
- Creating a keyword-rich username and description.
- Creating boards and writing their descriptions.
- Keyword optimizing your board titles and descriptions.
- Optimizing Rich Pins.
- Posting new Pins.
- Earning more Pinterest followers.
- Curating content (re-pinning).
- Engaging with other pinners.
In short, your Pinterest strategist will ensure your presence on this channel reflects your brand attributes, provides pinners with interesting material and supports your business goals.
Complement your organic social media strategy with paid social ads. Pinterest supports ads and promoted Pins that put your branded Pins in front of the right pinners.
Our social media consultants can spearhead your paid Pinterest marketing campaigns at every stage:
- Strategically selecting which Pins to promote.
- Setting up ad groups (target audiences) based on keywords, interests, demographics and other factors.
- Scheduling campaigns, allocating budgets and planning out timeframes.
- Choosing what types of actions to bid on.
- Performing any troubleshooting along the way.
- Measuring the performance of the campaign.
- Pivoting as needed.
Each promoted Pin is a new opportunity to introduce your brand to a new potential customer. Our team can make sure everything from the Pin design to the landing page to the bidding strategy is in line with your social media marketing goals.
Reporting & Pinterest Analytics
All of our social media packages offer monthly reporting along with a 30-minute review call to walk through key metrics, what they mean and how they should guide future Pinterest marketing efforts.
We can also build and deliver custom reports that provide deeper or more specific insights into your Pinterest marketing efforts, specific campaigns and more.
We also provide competitor and social analysis, which shows you exactly how your brand stacks up against the other voices in your space in regard to social media strategy, backlink portfolio, paid campaigns and more. With a Pinterest audit, you’ll see how your strategy compares to your competitors on the platform, as well as how your target audience typically responds to various types of content and Pins.
You need to refine your target audience before you can start marketing effectively – on Pinterest and on the web at large.
Our persona development services help you understand which of your prospects have the greatest commercial value, who is a buyer and who is an influencer, what campaigns work best for these target audiences, what tactics convert which visitors into buyers and more.
Our goal is to get as detailed a picture of your target personas as possible, so that we can help you decide if Pinterest marketing is right for you, and what tactics will be most effective on the channel.
They Come. They Pin. They Convert.
Pinterest can be a powerful platform for B2B and B2C businesses alike, presuming you know how to strategically maximize its value to your marketing campaigns.
Our social media strategists work as a direct extension of your marketing team to help you optimize your presence on Pinterest. They can also collaborate with creatives to develop content campaigns that are highly shareable on the visual social media network.